This summer, we are partnering with the Salvation Army to bring "Food on the Move"- a mobile feeding program- to the kids of Mattoon.
We will be providing volunteers to help at East Rudy Apartments at 1:40p starting June 4.
If you are 18+ (or under 18 with adult supervision) and would like to help us with this great resource to our community, please fill out the form below.
Volunteers need to be aware of the following:
- All volunteers are required to wear closed toe shoes (no sandals or flip flops of any kind) and clothing appropriate to work with children. These events will also take place outdoors, so please take that into consideration as well.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled mobile unit drop off.
- As soon as the canteen arrives, please spread out the blankets for children to sit on to eat their meals.
- Help keep children in a proper line for distribution of food. ALL children must receive the lunch themselves. You are not allowed to take it to their table.
- Keep an eye on the children as they eat lunch. No food is to be taken out of the area. No exceptions. This is a State Board of Education policy. Violations of this policy will result in the termination of the food program.
For additional information, contact Jenny Camfield.